Thumbprint cookies are often hard to make completely sugar free as you have to find the right jam or make your own.
However, when you find a jam that you are comfortable consuming make sure to bake these up as everyone will enjoy them!
Gather all your ingredients. I am one of those types of bakers who doesn’t always seperate everything and just combines it all at once.
But when you are mixing flours, I always reccommend making sure they are well combined before adding in the rest of the ingredients.
With this Thumbprint Cookie recipe start by mixing all the dry ingredients together. Then add in everything else except the jam – save that for later!
Now for the fun part!
You have multiple options here:
- Use a cookie scoop – if you have one
- Use a tbsp scoop
- Use a tsp scoop
If you have a cookie scoop that’s amazing – I still have yet to invest in one.
If you’d like to make 15 ish cookies then use a tablespoon size scoop.
If you want to make a bunch of mini ones then you can use a teaspoon scoop.
When you place them on the cookie tray make sure they are well formed cookie balls, so when you place a hole in the centre they form correctly.
They will crack a little bit, if this bothers you, just touch them up. Otherwise, the jam won’t fall out so don’t worry.
Use your thumb, finger or spoon to place the correct size hole inside your cookie dough.
It gets even better! Yes these cookies are a ton of fun to make, alright.
Grab your jam:
- Anything you’d like!
Place the jam you chose into a bag and cut a hole in the corner so you can easily place it into the centre of the cookies.
Place in the oven at 350 for 12-14 minutes. You’ll want them to just be very slightly browning. Let them cool for 5 minutes before you try one, then enjoy!
Thumbprint Cookies (Paleo, WILDFIT, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free)
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil Melted
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Lemon Rind
- 1/4 cup Jam of Choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine all the dry ingredients, plus the grated lemon rind.1 1/2 cups Almond Flour, 1/2 cup Cassava Flour, 1/4 tsp Salt, 1/4 tsp Baking Powder, 1 Lemon Rind
- Add in the remaining ingredients except the jam and stir until well combined.1/4 cup Coconut Oil, 1/4 cup Maple Syrup, 1 tsp Vanilla, 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp Almond Extract
- Using a cookie scoop or a tbsp/tsp measurer (depending on how many cookies you'd like to make) form the cookie dough into uniform cookie balls.
- Press into the centre of each cookie with your thumb, finger or spoon.
- Place the jam into a plastic bag and gently squeeze into the centre of each cookie.1/4 cup Jam of Choice
- Once that is complete place them into the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- If some of the jam evaporates you can add a little bit more after. Otherwise allow them to cool on a baking rack for at least 5 minutes before you try one!