This recipe was inspired by one of my biggest fan favourites that everyone loves – Banana Cream Pie! Here is just a fun version with blueberries, but really you could do this recipe with any fruit. Saskatoon berries are a favourite in our household.
Start by soaking your dates if they are not soft – this will make blending everything together SO much easier.
Throw all your crust ingredients into a food processor and blend it until you don’t have any large almond chunks.
Here is roughly how it should look when blended together.
Now for the fun part! You can make this recipe be a full pie or you can make mini ones that are perfect for parties.
Next step is to get your fruit ready. For today’s recipe we are using blueberries!
But you could really use any type of fruit you enjoy.
Place them on top of the crust or if you really want you can mix them inside the cream filling.
This is totally up to you!
Next mix your filling!
The amount coconut cream you use depends on the size of your pie try and if you have coconut cream or coconut milk.
When using cans of Coconut Milk you want to ensure you chill them 24 hours before.
Once you have the cream tasting the way you enjoy – place it into your pie tray or mini cupcakes.
The last step is the HARDEST!
That is to place it in the fridge to chill for a minimum of 3 hours.
Sometimes the pie will need longer – so I often make this at night to enjoy/serve the following day.
Blueberry Cream Pie
- Food Processor
- 8" or 9" Pie Tray
- 1/2 cup Whole Almonds
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 6 Medjool Dates pitted
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract optional
- pinch Sea Salt
- 2-3 cans Coconut Cream depends on pan size and brand
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup add more if desired
- 1/2 tsp Almond or Vanilla Flavouring
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon add more if desired
- Mix all the crust ingredients together in a food processor, if they aren't sticking together too well add some water.
- Line the pie tray with a touch of coconut oil.
- Place the crust on the bottom of the tray, not on the sides.
- Wash the blueberries and place them on the crust. Optional: Mix them into the filling.
- Whip the cream, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon together. The amount depends on the size of your pie tray. Also make sure that you are using the chilled coconut cream.
- Place on top of the crust and blueberries.
- Chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours, allowing it to set.
- Decorate just before serving and enjoy!
- Save in the fridge for up to 3 days
- Use coconut milk or cream
- If using coconut milk: Purchase full fat coconut milk and chill it for minimum 24 hours before using for the pie. When ready to use, flip the can over and open. Pour out all the water on top and use the coconut cream that is left on the bottom.
- Sometimes it will need to chill longer than 3 hours – the longer it chills the more it will stay together
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?