Well I am BACK! There are a few things that will look different for a little bit.
1) I won’t have photographs of me making the recipes, as finding the time to create them and capture them, isn’t yet doable.
2) I can’t guarantee consistency, this blog is more just so I have all my favourite treats saved for friends and family to create healthy alternatives.
Let’s get to it!
This recipe is one that I tested out last year, but never shared as I needed to alter a few of the ingredients…well I finally attempted it again!
It originally was a friends family Christmas recipe that they allowed me to alter into a gluten, dairy and sugar free version!
This year I tried removing a few hard to find ingredients and add some more to add additional flavour without adding more sugar.
Below you will find what I came up with! I give you the BEST orange gingerbread cookies you could imagine!
Orange Gingerbread Cookies (Paleo, WILDFIT, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free)
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp All Spice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Corriander
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Almond Flavouring
- 1 Orange Rind
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil Melted
- 1 tbsp Orange Juice Freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. I personally use an electric mixer to blend these cookies together.1 1/2 cup Almond Flour, 1 cup Cassava Flour, 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar, 1/2 tsp Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp All Spice, 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper, 1/2 tsp Corriander, 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, 1/4 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Almond Flavouring, 1 Orange Rind
- Add in the coconut oil, orange juice and egg. Blend together.1/4 cup Coconut Oil, 1 tbsp Orange Juice, 1 Egg
- Next mix the apple cider vinegar and baking soda together until dissolved. Then add to the bowl and mix again.1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Lastly add in the honey until a sticky dough forms.1/2 cup Honey
- Using a cookie scoop or a TBSP measurer place drops onto a cookie sheet. Space them about an inch apart as they will spread while they cook.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Until the middle looks cooked.
- These are great cookies to freeze and save for later. Enjoy!