Well I am BACK! There are a few things that will look different for a little bit.
1) I won’t have photographs of me making the recipes, as finding the time to create them and capture them, isn’t yet doable.
2) I can’t guarantee consistency, this blog is more just so I have all my favourite treats saved for friends and family to create healthy alternatives.
Let’s get to it!
This recipe is one that I tested out last year, but never shared as I needed to alter a few of the ingredients…well I finally attempted it again!
It originally was a friends family Christmas recipe that they allowed me to alter into a gluten, dairy and sugar free version!
This year I tried removing a few hard to find ingredients and add some more to add additional flavour without adding more sugar.
Below you will find what I came up with! I give you the BEST orange gingerbread cookies you could imagine!
Orange Gingerbread Cookies (Paleo, WILDFIT, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free)
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp All Spice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Corriander
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Almond Flavouring
- 1 Orange Rind
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil Melted
- 1 tbsp Orange Juice Freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. I personally use an electric mixer to blend these cookies together.1 1/2 cup Almond Flour, 1 cup Cassava Flour, 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar, 1/2 tsp Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp All Spice, 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper, 1/2 tsp Corriander, 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, 1/4 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Almond Flavouring, 1 Orange Rind
- Add in the coconut oil, orange juice and egg. Blend together.1/4 cup Coconut Oil, 1 tbsp Orange Juice, 1 Egg
- Next mix the apple cider vinegar and baking soda together until dissolved. Then add to the bowl and mix again.1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Lastly add in the honey until a sticky dough forms.1/2 cup Honey
- Using a cookie scoop or a TBSP measurer place drops onto a cookie sheet. Space them about an inch apart as they will spread while they cook.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Until the middle looks cooked.
- These are great cookies to freeze and save for later. Enjoy!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?