The recipe you’re about to read is one of my best kept secrets that I feel the world should share, because everyone needs Chocolate Chip Chookies that not only taste like the real thing, but are easy to make and don’t come with regular cookie consequences.
When I was creating this recipe I went through a million paleo recipe ideas and ways that chocolate chip cookies can be made without dairy, sugar or wheat.
However, I found none of them to be soft chewy chocolate chip cookies that you’d get from a local bakery – until I created this recipe!
This recipe is also made without egg – not because I am vegan – but because then the cookie dough is safe to consume!
Alright so let’s begin!
There are three types of flour you can use:
1. Almond Flour (this one you’ll need either way)
2. Coconut Flour – if you’re on a budget
3. Cassava Flour – if you want softer cookies
Once you have all your ingredients I do recommend mixing all the flours together first and then you can add in all the ‘wet’ ingredients.
As for flavouring vanilla or almond extract both taste amazing! It’s up to you which to choose.
One of the things that is going to surprise you the most about this recipe…
I know it may sound weird but it sure does work, every single time!
Trust me on this one and just give it a shot.
Once everything is mixed, I like like scoop them out using a tablespoon measurer, so that they are all a similar size.
Note: They do not expand like crazy, how you leave them on the tray is how they’ll bake. So if you want softer cookies don’t flatten them and if you like crunchier cookies, make sure the squish them down a little bit.
Now that you’re cookies are on the cookie tray – all I want to say is good luck not testing the dough! It tastes amazing, but so do the cookies.
These cookies I have frozen before, many times and they will remain just as good. Don’t leave them in the freezer too long though!
Let me know what you think of my favourite recipe of all time.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Cassava Flour or Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1/2 tsp Almond Flavouring or 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients together1 3/4 cup Almond Flour, 1/4 cup Cassava Flour, 1/2 tsp Baking Soda, 1/4 tsp Salt
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat on the stove
- Add in the wet ingredients. Mix it together well.1/4 cup Maple Syrup, 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (Melted), 1/2 tsp Almond Flavouring
- Now add in the water and mix again.1 tbsp Water
- Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips.1/3 cup Chocolate Chips
- Scoop out in 1 tbsp measurements and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow 5 minutes to cool, then enjoy!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?